Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Help me Matt Foley!

Well here it is already November 1st. Man how time flies when you are being tortured. A couple of months ago John K. asked me to a pheasant hunt on November 4th. For $80 a person we could reserve the Forest Ridge Hunt Club for a day, have a nice steak dinner, and enjoy the company of about 20 of our closest friends.

Who knew the shit storm was right around the corner?

Little did I know at the time I accepted that I would be up to my rectum in this whole mess. Thing is, right now I REALLY need to go do things like this. Even though I shouldn't, I'm going to take the time off and have some fun to keep my sanity. Saturday should be a great day.

I am still no closer to having any idea what to do with the rest of my life, and that's a nagging pain always in the back of my mind. If I was the consummate multi-tasker I could accomplish lawsuits, closing a business, having an auction, and being overwhelmed with tasks that have deadlines all at the same time as I reflect on my future aspirations and ponder my true course in life.

Yeah right...and pigs will someday fly from my ass. Until then chaos reigns supreme, with sometimes a barely coherent thought of the future in the moments before sleep consumes my exhausted mind. Going out of business is hard work. I'm ready for the "going" to become "gone", if for no other reason than to free my mind to think of other things.

No comments: