Monday, September 18, 2006

The E files.

Jodi and I had a wonderful dinner and evening with Tom & Jenny Saturday night. We always drink lots of wine and talk into the wee hours when we get together, and this night was no different. Somehow, and I don't know how, the conversation came around to aliens and UFOs. Jodi then encouraged me to tell my encounter story...which I did. Not only did I tell that one, I dug even deeper into my hidden world of strange experiences, and spilled bushels of beans about other strange theories I have.

Alcohol is a wonderful thing.

I am SURE that Tom and Jenny had a really good laugh after we left. Sort of in the vein of "can you BELIEVE what he just said"? I related some of my most whacked-out beliefs...most of which had never seen the light of conversation prior to this. Now I feel like a complete fruitloop.

Everyone has had experiences in their lives that border on the supernatural to them, but would seem idiotic to those to whom they are explained. In my opinion, those experiences stay with you, clear and vivid, for your entire life. They are yours and yours alone for fear of ridicule and the uncertain nature of their origin. It might be a ghost or "presence" experience, intense deja-vu, premonition, or apparition; it does not matter. What ever lives in your experience is intensely personal and difficult to convey to others. But most rarely tell others of them, and I can now say the remedy for that is 4 or 5 bottles of wine with dinner. Truth serum for the soul (and more entertaining than any game out there).

1 comment:

Donna O said...

About a year ago, I had a similar experience except instead of spilling the beans about extraterrestrial experiences, I talked about the time I got felt up by a dwarf at a Star Trek convention. I have yet to live it down.