Friday, May 26, 2006

My social anxiety

Last night I'm shooting two rounds of sporting clays for league score. After the first round, in the clubhouse, I notice my fellow shooters from the group that just finished TIPPING THE TRAPPER (trapper being the guy who operates the clay thrower)!

WTF is this? NOBODY ever told me this was customary. How many rounds have I shot where the poor trapper got nothing from me? Dozens. I ask my teammate about this and he says "don't you pay attention, everyone tips". "How do you think these guys make their money?"

Apparently I do not, but it does make sense they would earn money that way. I honestly never saw it happen until yesterday. I feel like such a heel. I wanted to run around and find all the trappers I had ever had, and offer them an explanation, but that would have looked soooo stupid.

Now I MUST be known around the club as the "dink who never tips". That will be changing immediately, along with explanations proffered every chance I get as to my previous ignorance.

No comments: