Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yeah....right.

What the fuck was I thinking. Cold Turkey? I'd have better success losing 30 pounds in 5 days on the "grass & ipecac" diet. I managed to make it Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday before I realized how stupid this really was. Patches, lozengers, and gum containing nicotine were invented (and sell quite well I'd imagine) based on the fact that this cold turkey crap is REALLY hard, and prone to a very low success rate. Mama didn't raise no dummy...only a son with low will-power. I bought some nicotine gum Monday afternoon to help the cause.

So far so good. Nobody is dead or seriously maimed. I am still chew-free to the extent of being tobacco (albeit not nicotine) free. My head has stopped hurting, and my stomach no longer tells me I am hungry more than 7 times a minute.

We'll see how it goes. Updates to follow.

No comments: