Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I feel like I've won the lottery

For the first time in 5 years, I am getting a tax refund. Over the past 5 years, I think I have paid in an additional $30,000 or so in taxes. This is ABOVE and BEYOND my normal withholding (which is set artificially high to begin with), and was a result of depreciation recovery (essentially capital gains) on equipment sold by my S-Corp status company during those years.

Happy Happy Joy Joy (for you Ren & Stimpy fans).

Though the refund will be a measly amount, it still beats having to pay a massive amount that I never seem to have on hand. I've been liberated...set free to waste my return like millions of normal Americans, on frivolous trips or wasteful materialistic goods that do nothing but promote excess. I'm going immediately to the K&L wine website to do my bit for the American economic recovery.

There IS hope for America after all.

No comments: