Friday, February 08, 2008

When I think this...I think...I shouldn't think... this.

There is no pain in death...it only hurts to die. My macabre fascination with my middle-age arrival, means I now think more than ever about my death. Friends my age are croaking. Friends my age have kids having KIDS. Shit! I've always maintained I will not live past the age of 55, so that gives me +/- 15 years to discover the meaning of MY life before it ends. That's not a lot of time when you consider the perpetual stumbling of the first 39 years.

2 comments:

Donna O said...

The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out of it.

Maria said...

Oh my dear, just live on! What's death? I dont know, I'm afraid of it, for the first time in my life, and it makes me value life more than ever.