Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh God, I really don't want to do this

I'm almost scared to post about new music I discover...with my only reader in love with Edith Piaf and the cast of a 70's comedy show labeled after distant primate relatives...I feel sadly misunderstood. I feel I missed the boat somehow by not being a nerd. Ironically, that might make me one. How odd.

But I must alert the world to a groundbreaking band that past me by. Apparently, this band was a huge success out East in the early 90's, but never caught on around here. I can vouch for that...because I have never heard them. They are called "quicksand" and they are simply great. They don't move me, there are NO rhapsody links here and no musical reviews for me to be basted later about. Just the fricken name this time around, just like the good old days. You know, when you told your buddy about a band and he said "I'll have to pick up the album".

Do the damn work yourselves...just like I had to. HA!

Can you all sense that I am on edge lately? I find myself walking around wishing someone would pick a fight with me.

5 comments:

Donna O said...

Yo mama smells funny

Eric said...

I know! I know! I've been saying that for years, but please don't tell her.

Donna O said...

I was just trying to pick that fight you were wishing for... I do feel bad about the high paying job going down the toilet. Things will get better I am sure! At least on the job front. Sadly, your taste in music may never improve.

Eric said...

I'm so fortunate that my only reader also makes me LAUGH! Thanks for the encouragement, and good luck with your own "musical taste retardation syndrome". Sadly, there is no cure.

Donna O said...

My mommy says my musical taste is SPECIAL!