Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another Saturday

So now I guess the real crap starts, because I am sitting here on a Saturday morning waiting for people to show up and start picking things up. There was to be a man here at 7 AM, so I was here at 6:30 and I have not seen hide nor hair of him yet at 7:45.

I have better things to do with my time now than sit here like a dumbshit.

It's amazing how trusting people still are in this day and age. Once bought, the objects from yesterday became immediate property...and responsibility...of the highest bidder. All participants were instructed to secure acquisitions right away, as we held no responsibility for lost or stolen items. This morning there are things laying all over. Several people asked me yesterday if they could come back later next week to pickup things...things that were and are still..sitting OUTSIDE! I personally know of one theft yesterday, as a friend of mine bought a couple of things that were "missing" when he went to load them up. Every time I have bought at an auction, it gets loaded immediately before I start shopping again. Thieves are everywhere, and very opportunistic. Trust NO ONE!

The situation of the body laid out in our former drivers lounge still has me shaken up. I will never forget the sight of it, nor the sheer sense of panic I felt due to my already considerable stress at the time.

No comments: