Friday, October 13, 2006

The surreal life

You would think I would be quite insane at this...at the end of this tumultuous ride...but I'm really not. Things are for the most part calm and orderly. I have not yet breathed the huge sigh of relief I thought I might. It's somewhere in me, but there is enough crap and uncertainty remaining to keep it suppressed for a bit.

I'm an hour and a half away from unemployment. My operations manager is crying. The vermin have already started pilfering from me, so I have to guard my possessions like some apocalyptic Mad Max. It's surreal.

I'm going beyond thunderdome to have a beer. It's been one hell of a ride, drink up boys.

Here's to a 79 year old institution that some fucking 6 month employee thinks they can disassemble and take home pieces of in their pockets.

Cheers.

No comments: