Tuesday, September 05, 2006

On the right track

What a great Labor day weekend! I prefished 11 hours Saturday on Long lake and had a much better time of it. We found some better fish, learned a few interesting things, and restored some of the confidence needed to win this thing next Sunday. With a little touch of lady luck...who knows.

On Sunday, I can't remember what I did, but that means it was good. It was a lazy day for sure, and I am not sure I did a damn thing worth remembering. I was extremely tired from the day before...so I slept a lot. Jodi was not happy.

Monday morning I went trout fishing and caught some very nice fish. The freezer is empty of trout, so I set about trying to stock it up in the remaining 28 days of the Wisconsin trout season. It's nice to have some to get through a long Wisconsin winter. Monday was a good start, three beautiful brookies...including a 16 incher. The weather now is my idea of perfect; cool mornings and comfortable afternoons. I will enjoy every second of it until the snow buries the fall colors for good.

Busy week ahead...lots of problems coming. I will survive by planning and dreaming in anticipation of the upcoming full weekend of fishing. It is my only solace these days, and provides a carrot to urge me from one day to the next. It's always been my carrot as long as I can remember, but the sticks are getting longer as I age.

No comments: