Friday, September 01, 2006

AAaargh

I'm so hung over today. Last night was John and Lynn's 20th Anniversary, and we spent the night at Mona's in Eau Claire. I had way too many smashed potato martinis and bought too much good wine as I killed the rest of the tournament winnings.

There were 10 of us celebrating in the bar area seating, and I kept getting the "shhhsh" sign from two elderly women in a group of 10 next to us. I really did not think we were being all that loud, but I guess we were because the host had to warn us as well. When we were leaving, I was fairly drunk and went over to apologize to the wrinkles for our behaviour, but my wife apparently did not feel we owed them anything. She came rushing over explaining how we were celebrating her cancer survival of 20 years (not true) in an attempt, I guess, to make them feel bad for chastising us. She had been telling us for 20 minutes that she felt like doing this because they don't own the bar. I tried to tell her that we didn't either, but my wife and alcohol are long lost cousins with a reunion everytime they see each other.

A grey hair piped up right away and said "well we're celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the death of my husband". ZING! I guess she trumped Joddi. Touche'.

This morning my head feels like an empty 55 gallon steel drum...and somebody keeps hitting it with a pipe wrench.

No comments: