Monday, August 07, 2006

So long class of 86!

Jodi's reunion came and went without incident, at least incidents that I am aware of. (Geesh! I can't even help myself with my inner monologue!) Any way, I really don't know what the big deal is...she was fine, I was fine, and we'll all live happily ever after. So I have one or two things to improve on before I am "perfect". Big deal. A busted down Chevy is better than a new Ford any day of the week.

Sunday the Assman (Joddi the fishing partner for those of you just tuning in) and I went to Long lake for a scouting trip. Same old same old. You wanna be transported to another world? Pick yourself up an underwater viewing system like Aqua-Vu and start playing with it. It is so incredible to drag that thing around and see the underwater world when you have been looking at the barrier of the surface for decades. As been our history, we got so wrapped up in camera work that not much fishing was done. It's funny because you can fish a piece of structure for an hour without a fish, look at each other and say "they're not here", then drop the camera and see dozens of fish. Maddening.
We caught 5 or 6 the whole day, learned very little in the way of new info, and left frustrated and lost. We are now deeply into the process of questioning our skills as competitive anglers. It's very self-defeating.

No comments: