Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mostly Pink Floyd

Last night I caught a concert on PBS (of course it was pledge week) of the Australian Pink Floyd. What a show! I saw Pink Floyd live at Camp Randall stadium in Madison, and that show was the best concert I ever saw, and I have seen plenty. The Australian cover band was every bit as good. The show itself was in some respects even better because they played a lot of old tunes like "Welcome to the Machine" and "Shine on you crazy diamond". It was extremely impressive and entertaining. If you are a Floyd fan and you ever get the chance to see these guys...take it...without hesitation.

They will be in Minneapolis this fall, on of all dates, November 25th. RIGHT DURING DEER HUNTING SEASON! Of course they would come to town when I will be living like a hermit for 8 days; tucked away in the northwoods at our hunting shack. I might have to come back to civilization for this though. Maybe I could coordinate it with a beer run?

No comments: