Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I walked right into this

J and I are always hacking on each other when we are fishing about who is catching more fish. There is ALWAYS a competition between us for bragging rights during a day in the boat. It does not matter if it is a tournament, or just a fun trip. Common phrases we've used for years:

Crushed you.
Dusted you.
Smoked you.
Put the hate on you.
Laid the smackdown on you

...you get the idea.

The other day, he got me good. I was truly getting smoked by him (he was ahead by at least 10 fish), and he turns to me and nonchalantly says:

"Did you shower this morning?"
"Yeah, why?" I said (social anxiety kicking in)
"You've kinda got a stench about you today"
"What the heck are you talking about" I say while sniffing my shirt. "Fresh as a spring shower" I added.

"No, it's something different" he says, "Something vaguely familiar though"
"Smells like....shellac"

In this part of the country, taking or giving a "shellacing" is equivalent to a severe beating.
It was so funny because I never saw it coming. Thanks for the laugh J!

No comments: