Monday, March 06, 2006

Success!

The TV installation went even better than anticipated this weekend. There is nothing much too hard about setting up a new television...right? Well, when you're dealing with high definition feeds to a place you don't even have cable run to, it can get a little tricky. It took about 4 hours to run and hook up all the wires, install the pivoting mounting arm, ready the HD cable box, and get everything in sync. A few minor bugs later, we were enjoying high definition in the kitchen...but why?

Ask my wife. My kitchen now looks like a sports bar. I have no idea why she wanted a TV in the kitchen...she does not even cook (but I still love ya honey!) Now that it's done, I guess it will be kind of cool. I certainly never opposed the idea, so what can I say?

In any case, it gave Jeff and the two of us an excuse to get out for some vino and food. We had a great dinner at the Creamery and two great bottles of wine along with it. Upon our return, Jeff and I proceeded to make it completely through the campaign mode of Star Wars "Battlefront II" on the X Box by playing until 1:30 AM. When we got up Sunday, we made a pot of coffee and played through the "Galactic Conquest" mode of the same game. It was awesome spending time with Jeff for a couple of days with relatively little work to be done. In the recent past, if the two of us spent time over the weekend, chances are there was some serious construction duties going on. It was good to just relax.

Jodi is leaving for Seattle tomorrow for her week with Susan, and I need to get my tax stuff together. So the prospects are already not good for a fun week for me. We shall see.

No comments: