Monday, February 25, 2008

When will women listen?

OK, so the "sprained ankle" turns out to be much more. Jodi sought the advice of an ortho Doc when she got home, and it turns out she has torn ALL the ligaments in the lower leg/upper ankle. She is now scheduled for surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) to repair the damage and align the bones with screws to heal. 6 weeks on crutches with no weight bearing, followed by intensive physical therapy for who knows how long. I can't escape the bite of coincidence...

"SHE" is a Physical Therapist who now needs therapy in the department she heads! "I" told her she was going to get hurt going skiing after a 20 year layoff from the sport (a prescience ability I have demonstrated in the past) and...Viola...she instantly proves me right! "I" have nothing but time to take care of her, and now that's ALL I will be doing for the next 6-12 weeks!

I really do hope the surgery goes well, and I really do feel bad for her, but I can't escape the irresistible urge to say "I told you so"!

No comments: