Monday, February 04, 2008

Deflating the Pyle

A couple of hours ago I got the fastest response in my job search so far. Barely 3 days ago, I applied for a position as Director of Corporate Communications for a local company. Today I recieve an email stating that, though my qualifications are impressive, I am not being considered for the position. How do they know I would not be the best they ever had without at least talking to me? This one really deflated the ego a bit. Not only another rejection...but a goddamned fast one at that.

It's like those really, really, urgent bowel movements. The faster it comes on, the more definitive it is when it's over. Evidently after hearing from the Gomer, they could not wipe fast enough.

3 comments:

Donna O said...

STOP! Stop taking it so personally! If they don't want you, consider it a blessing. It was not meant for you. There is something out there and you just need to find it. Keep looking. It'll all come together.

Eric said...

My dear former spinster; of what am I to take personally if not rejection of what I can do and who I am?

Donna O said...

I AM STILL a spinster, I will have you know!

Have you considered sticking the finger to the corporate world and going into freelance writing? I love the way you relate things to bowel movements-- I really feel you should share your gift.