Sunday, January 06, 2008

Past, Present, no Future

Still no word on the potential job I'm waiting to hear on..."future boss" must be a procrastinator, and therefore I shall fit right in. Maybe this week.

Not much is happening around here. My daze of nostalgia has waned some in the past week. I can't really describe the feelings I was having; partly because I don't know who might be reading this, and partly because it was so darned unusual for me. I live for the "now" and always have. I can describe how it started though.

I was doing an honestly unrelated Internet search and happened to find an article that shocked me senseless...about an old girlfriend. Now I know what you're thinking, and it's not true. It was almost pure coincidence. Nevertheless, the article was about her brother who unknown to me, had suffered a skiing accident last year that left him a quadriplegic. I could not believe it, and it affected me quite profoundly.

Since I read that story, I have been living in 1990. Back in College, no cares, no responsibilities, and a bright future. It really has served to point out the vast gulf between what I thought would happen and what actually has. Similarly, I keep thinking about her being in a landslide of change. I wonder how she is coping?

Anyhoo...that is what set the brain to wandering. It might as well have been a hundred years ago.

No comments: