Tuesday, December 04, 2007

It's official now...

I've been gone too long. How do I know? Well, the only site I really ever followed took me off HER spinsterish blogroll, presumably due to lack of activity on my own. This action comes from a woman who updates her webcam on her blog once every two years.

Go figure.

Well I'm back, and putrid with the odor of the Pyle once again. How much I've missed these scat-laden musings over the months, should be readily apparent by the frequency of their appearances. Catharsis by blog? A journey of self-discovery? An alter-egoish identity by which to voice (and therfore conquer) your fears? Hardly folks. I now realize that this little blog was, on some level, work. Work is not something I've done much of in the preceding 12 months. My God it's amazing how far I ran.

So...after months of formal Psychotherapy (thanks Doc Steve), I have been left now with a fair idea of how to properly visualize my situation, and the next baby step out of it. The result? I've concluded I'm up to my neck in it, and about to take in a proper mouthful. "Bet it taste like chicken" will be baby step #2, number one was the whole of the year 2007. Not much has changed. You see, it's like the Young & the Restless...I have not tuned in since college, but I'll bet you one of my mothers popcorn farts that the characters and story are the same as ever. Where has the year gone? Who the fux knows, but it sure was an expensive trip for the as-yet-to-be-employed amongst us, a group I can't seem to extricate myself from. I hope membership does not last as long as the "Trekkie" clique did. That was a social disaster.

Truth be told, I have had three job interviews; all in the past month. One was for a menial cooking job at a local restaurant that I frequent, and the other two were the primary and secondary interviews for an executive position as a transportation division manager at a large and reputable company. Talk about a varied career interest. That's akin to saying I left an interview for a McDonald's part-time janitor position, just in time to catch my flight to CIA headquarters in Langley VA so I could interview for the soon-to-be vacant position of Mid-East Intelligence Chief.

I actually think I will be offered the executive position this week. I will follow that up in a later post under the heading "How much are your principles worth?"

I KNOW you're salivating already.

1 comment:

Donna O said...

I'm glad you are back! Just the other day I was wondering where you had gone to and what you were doing. Glad to know you are still alive and back to your incoherent ramblings. I will put you back on my blogroll but I doubt I will be updating my spycam. Blame Vista.