Saturday, December 08, 2007

Holiday cheer

Well that did not go as I thought it would. The Christmas party that is. My wife and I got into a huge fight (primarily of my making..I'll admit) just before leaving that cast a dim shadow on the entire night. Dinner sucked (culinary wise) as it always does; eaten in a tense atmosphere of seething anticipation of resuming the fracas as soon as we could leave. By the time I abruptly terminated the night...she was locked and loaded for bear, all hell broke loose.

For the most part we are made up this morning. Cleaning the house certainly gave me an extra dog in the fight (at least she could not bring up THAT old standby). I stand by the reasoning for my displeasure, but take back my approach and timing to voicing it. We you have been married as long as we have, you learn to say "I'm sorry".

No comments: