Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Road trip

Everyone is on vacation except me! I'm unemployed, I can spare the time, yet for some strange reason I am here dealing with everyone's problems except my own while they bask somewhere in Margaritaville. I'm watching houses, selling real-estate, dogsitting, and generally being the whipping boy for those more "blessed" to be away from this god-awful snow.

I want to leave; to just take off. Like some freakshow runaway-bride...headed out of State at precisely the time everyone is looking for her...I have contemplated hooking up the boat and just starting to drive; driving away miles while I drive up the credit card. Destination UNKNOWN, but assuredly some place loaded with bass to cure my cabin fever. A large effigy of a hand wielding the middle finger on the rear window of the Tahoe, not-so-symbolically telling the world to F---off as I drive into spontaneous adventure. I want to be alone...but not like this. Not here, but on a lake with my rods, my boat, and my thoughts.

Lake Baccarac in Mexico?
Lake Fork in Texas?
Lake Toho in Florida?
Perhaps, but most likely nowhere. Most likely here. Most likely miserable.

Goddamnned responsibility always seems to win.

No comments: