Monday, October 02, 2006

Weeeee R the champions, my friend.

My team, team Kittle, won the 2006 Fall sporting clays league yesterday after an exciting shoot off in which I played no significant role. I really contributed to the overall team score for the season, but boy did I ever step on it during the team Vs. team shoot off to decide first place. Luckily, the rest of the team brought their "A" game, and we won the shoot off by 14 targets. We got a nice trophy and a lot of congratulations...and no little amount of bragging rights.

More important to me was my individual championship for Class "B" shooters, which I won in a 10 target shoot off to decide the championship. I got a huge plaque for that, but I never thought I would even be in the finals. There are some phenom shooters in Class B, any one of which deserved to win, but I had a "magical" round in the shoot off and took home the title. Cool beans considering our team captain John took home the Class "A" title, and another member of our team was in a shoot off for Class "C" which he unfortunately lost.

It was a great time.

No comments: