Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's all I got

Sick of the fishing posts yet? Well, that's about all I have to post about lately, because there is so much of it going on. This coming Labor Day weekend, I am already booked two of the days for fishing. One day prefishing for the aggravating tournament on Long Lake on September 10th, and another half day trouting with John.

The weekend of the 9th I have the Long tournament on Sunday, but another one on Saturday at a different lake. That means another overnighter in Northern Wisconsin...and all the beer that we know accompanies that! We do those two every year, and it always proves to be one of the "roughest" weekends of the year on my ageing liver. Both Joddi and I have been refreshed by our win though, so we are taking these remaining contests with renewed dedication. Might have to lay off the UV Blue and lemonades a little bit to continue the winning streak.

There is not many more pure forms of torture than standing in a boat in the hot sun, for eight hours...hung over to beat hell.

2 comments:

Donna O said...

There must be other more interesting things to write about than fishing-- you can describe the blisters on your feet or the lint you found in your belly button! C'mon! BRANCH OUT MAN! ;-)

Eric said...

I don't know what to say to that.