Friday, August 25, 2006

The biggie

Important day today...so important I am leaving work to ensure the perfect implementation of it.

It's the "pre-tournament preparation day", and that involves more ritual than a voo-doo ceremony. First, I have to meticulously wash and clean the boat so that I don't have to worry about what it looks like alongside all the OTHER meticulously cleaned boats. Then I will begin respooling all my rods with fresh line, laying out and packing clothes, and getting food and ice together. Next, I will sort and place all of my "go to" baits for this tournament within easy access under my boat drivers seat, and do the same for Joddi's baits (the dread "big texan") under his. When all is done, I will gather all my maps of this lake and focus on them while running through our game plan step by step. I try to visualize the entire 8 hours, including backups and contingency planning.

The pre-tournament day ends when Joddi arrives to pick me up the morning of the tournamnt. If there isn't a half coffee - half double mocha cappacino waiting in the truck, it was all for nothing.

Oh and BTW, if I have an accident and dribble that drink down my front while sipping it, at least statistically, we will place better in the tournament. Thats a numbers fact...even if it is completely weird.

No comments: