Monday, June 26, 2006

Wallets in Business

AS I type this, I am trying to get my head around the phone call I just finished taking. One of my largest accounts is taking their business to my competitor. The news is apparently without any reason or explanation, and lacked any inkling of notice and discontent. It was also without regard, homage, or even passing acknowledgement of the 11 years of loyal service I provided them.

I was beat out by price, when I did not even know price was an issue. One of my salesmen even had an appointment there last week where price was discussed at length. Guess it never dawned on them to say it was too high after not having had a rate increase for 5 years. It seems to me a completely schizophrenic and damaging action.

I know how this shit works. A smaller brain but larger wallet bought someone off with a "hunting trip" or a country club membership in exchange for his business; it is the only power-trip these sleazy dead-enders are capable of in their limited career paths. I don't buy people, but I have been the victim of those who do. Like the megadeath song says: "take a mortal man, and put him in control...watch him become a God." Some slobish manager is now enjoying his turn as God, while he/she anticipates the all-expenses-paid trip to Disneyworld that just magically fell into their hands.

I fucking HATE being in business. It's a game with winners and losers, but you have to be a loser to win. I loathe those who disrespect, and display no sense of loyalty and common cause. I pity those who always buy the cheapest; detest those that can be bought...and moreso those who buy them. To the interested parties, I send a fart in your general direction (hey, there has to be SOME humor in this, right?)

Edit 06/27/06
(I was right. Super sleuthing on my part has revealed is was a week long fishing trip to Canada...totally Gratis. I just knew there was money involved; it's the only thing that makes rational people make irrational decisions.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!