Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Mothership

This is so weird, but I know it is true because I have the picture to prove it.

On of my wife's co-workers was on vacation in CO, I think it was Vail or Aspen. When she returned, she was sharing the details of the vacation with my wife about what a great time they had. My wife is looking through the pictures, as this woman is explaining each one, and they get to a picture of two couples sitting around a table in a pub, and she says "we shared a table with this great couple for drinks, and I had the waitress snap this picture of us. They were really fun."

Jodi was stunned. The picture was none other than "The Mothership"....Jefe's mom! Jodi asked if she could have the picture, obviously knowing I would not believe her. The co-worker apparently never had a deep enough conversation with her table-mates, to make any kind of connection other than they "lived near her son".

So to recap. Two Wisconsinites share a table in a crowded bar in Colorado with a woman and her date from Arizona. The Arizona woman's son is the best friend of the Wisconsonite's co-workers husband...Me. That son even helped me cook a gourmet dinner for the Wisconsonite, who is now partying with his Mother, a thousand miles from any common geographical reference.

Nobody knows anything about anybody, until Jodi sees the picture weeks later. How weird is that?

PS. Jefe, hope I did not offend you by posting about the mothership!

No comments: