Friday, May 05, 2006

Ouch

My cheek is a little sore this morning, but thank goodness it is not black and blue. I shot a miserable 33 out of 50 for my first league score. I guess it's pretty good considering I had never shot the course. Anyway, I have 9 more rounds to keep from embarrassing my team mates...and a little more tweaking to do on the gun for proper fit.

Tomorrow is the fishing opener, and my first tournament is May 20th. Unfortunately, it is one of the biggest and most important of the Summer. It sets the tone for the entire season. Goose egg this one, and it seems to curse you for the rest of the tournaments. But we are ready to get underway, and all the weeks of preparation normally serves us well. $5000 for first place isn't too bad for a days work, and I sure could use the money. We shall see.

No comments: