Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mmmm Good!

In between setting up for this weekends thrift sale and my myriad of other things I am doing, I managed to sneak away two afternoons for some trout fishing.

Wading the creeks really takes me back to my youth. It's so far removed from the sport of competitive bass fishing, that is almost like another world. I enjoy both tremendously, but for differing reasons. After last nights trip, I had 6 fat brook trout that were as fresh as you're ever going to get them. Now these are not your farm raised mush they sell in supermarkets, but firm and tasty native fish, that have been around the block a few times. There is little in the fish world that can compare.

I butterflied the trout, made a coating of panko bread crumbs, gorgonzola cheese, and rosemary; then broiled them until golden brown. HEAVEN! It was preceded by a garlic, artichoke, chevre, and tomato ramekin served with artisan bread; and accompanied by a very crisp chenin blanc and wonderful company...My wife.

Why would anyone want to go out when you can eat like this with a little effort? Beats me.

No comments: