Thursday, April 06, 2006

Spring Tune Up

Fishing season is just around the corner. My first tournament is May 20th, but I will be on the water on the season opener May 6th. Last year we had a huge project going on in the yard, so money was more than just a little tight. Because of that, I did only the absolute bare requirements to get ready for a summer of fishing. This year, with the tax refund and a little E-bay profits, it's a veritable orgy of tackle buying to make up the deficit. I'm worse than a woman and her 100 pairs of shoes when it comes to shopping for tackle; I LOVE it!

So far I have spent about $1,000 getting geared up for the summer. Orders are pouring in from Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas every week. I need to keep in mind that I have not even gotten the boat out from it's sleep yet. There is always something to fix or improve on that thing, which means more money.

I should also consider that gas prices are estimated at $3.00+ / gallon by Memorial day. This means the premium for the boat will be more like $3.50 / gallon, and I will be burning much more than last summer. Sheesh, I'm REALLY gonna be broke! I better stop buying so much tackle or it will just sit in my garage without the means to move it around on the water!

No comments: