Saturday, February 18, 2006

Since "The Sighting"

Most likely I am going to file this experience under the "never tell the kids about this" column. But the close encounter did spur me to do some research.

I grew up (and still live) about 20 miles from a small town named Elmwood, WI. In an unfortunate choice of tourism ploys, the town has billed itself as the "UFO capital of WI" since a rash of sightings in the 70's. There was even talk of building an official UFO landing site, but I don't recall if it ever materialized. Elmwoodies were generally scoffed at during my youth as being a touch "odd". The town was the talk of WestCentral WI during my formative years, so you can see that I am no stranger to talk of E.T. I have drunk more than my share of beer at "UFO Days" in Elmwood over the years.

During my recent research I had a chance to dig into the Elmwood sightings for some background on all the stories that I had heard, but had no knowledge of, over the years. My verdict? Elmwoodies are still a bit odd...but the sightings seem to have some real merit. They are at least plausible, and had multiple confirmations. Could it be that just having had a very weird encounter, I am now prejudice to thinking UFO's really exist? Possibly. But anyone who knows me knows that I am one of the worlds biggest skeptics. Interestingly enough..They also know I don't lie.

More interesting than Elmwood was the information on the dozens of large, triangular shaped craft that have been sighted over major highways in MN, WI, IL. One incident in IN was witnessed by multiple law officers from several different communities over about 50 miles! A large, triangular, totally silent craft was spotted traveling approx 300 feet off the ground for a very long distance. Another sighting of a "triangle" occurred about 50 miles west of here a couple of years ago. To me, the two most interesting shared aspects of these supposed craft are) 1. The reporting of a light at each corner of the triangle and 2. The craft disappeared nearly instantly. These two attributes match with my experience. It should also be noted that my sighting occurred within 3 miles of Interstate I-94.

Like I said; this is probably as far as this will ever go. I do think it strange that so many other persons in this area have reported such things over the years. I know what I saw was not anything that I could explain. If the other persons over the years are as firm in conviction as I...These things may deserve more of the right kind of attention than they are currently getting.

No comments: