Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I don't quite know how to say this

I just saw something in the sky on the way home from work. It was 5:21 pm CST to be exact. I STILL HAVE GOOSEBUMPS! Driving the 8 miles from my office to my home, I was about half-way when I happened to take my eyes off the road and glanced higher in the sky then one should safely look while driving.

LIGHTS! Three of them glowing brighter than any source of light I have ever seen. I slammed on my brakes (I wanted to make the driveway on my right but did not) to pull over and get a better look. In the span of about 4 seconds while I was trying to stop, darting my eyes from the lights to the road and back, I looked three times and they were gone on the fourth. I sat there for about a minute, half on-half off the road but they never came back.

I have been burning the images into my brain every second since. Trying to go back in time to re-analyze what I saw. So far I am fairly sure of the following:

1. Somebody else HAD to have seen these lights. There were 3 cars about 1/4 mile in front of me travelling the same direction. These lights would have been visable for DOZENS (hundreds?) of miles. People in the surrounding country towns HAD to have seen something.

2. Either the lights belonged to one "thing" that had to have been incredibly large...or it was three separate objects moving in total and complete unison. In any case, it was roughly the shape of a flattened triangle. Extremely hard to describe because I saw no outline. Nothing to indicate structure. Just three lights, clearly seperated, and moving together at a speed I would now call "slowly".

3. I believe #2 because my real-world experiences are telling me that it was some distance from me. It was very much "in the distance". To maintain those dimensions from the distance I observed would have made the object(s) truely massive. Held out to analogy, the lights "looked" about as big as a pea would look at arms length.

4. It was the brightest light I have ever seen. This happened in a rural setting. At night around here, the skies are so clear you can EASILY tell when an airplane or a satellite passes overhead. I have seen thousands of planes on approach to MPLS/ST. Paul because we are under the approach path of major flight routes to the International airport in the Twin Cities. Sometimes you can count up to 9 planes at once lining up to get clearance to land, and we are 85 miles east of the airport.

The lights I saw were in broad daylight! Comparing them to airplane lights with the only analogy I can think of right now: It would be like a million candlepower spotlight Vs. a penlight at 100 yards.

Guys this just happened. I still am not calmed down, so forgive my babbling. You decide for yourself whether this seems believable. I know that what I saw was not an airplane. It was not a meteor, swamp gas, weatherballon, ball lightning...or any other natural phenomenon. I can't identify it, so I guess it's really a U.F.O. because it WAS flying.

I'm going now to have a couple of beers to calm down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very interesting! I wonder if you actually saw an alien spaceship?!!

Eric said...

I don't know what it was. It was no airplane that's for sure.