Monday, July 24, 2006

Rock On

I want to give a shout-out to Jefe for helping me finish up at Jeff's this weekend. You ROCK Jefe! Glad we're done, because it was the last weekend I could devote to that project...now it is on to fishing, fishing, and more fishing. Every weekend until September 16th. I need this. I'm getting rusty during this lull period of June and July.

This Saturday is the Chetek four-man tournament. Four guys fish as a team, two in each boat, for a limit of ten fish and $3000. Total weight of the combined catch is what counts. I am expecting 25 teams to compete if past years are any clue to participation. This one is tricky because your half of the team could tank while the other half sets a record for poundage. The result is you lose to a team that displays some consistency. I've seen it happen where half a team brings in 15# with 5 fish (an awesome bag), and the other half of the team brings in 1 fish. You will lose to a team that brings in 10 fish that are barely legal. Anyway, Joddi and I have two good sticks as our teammates. I expect us to do well, maybe even cash a good check. Like I said, it will just be good to get back at it.

Some other things that rocked this weekend: Israel, the new Benelli (I didn't tell you?), John Kittel (for the cold ones after 100 sporting clays in the hot sun), Zach & Jace Kittel (for carrying the team), and the old buck Reggie for being such a good dog while we dog-sat over the weekend. Kudos to you for reading this...you rock TOO!

No comments: